Donate to a Green Charity in Lawrenceville, GA, and Help Kidney Patients & the Environment
Used clothes and household items are easy to donate in Lawrenceville, GA, because American Kidney Services (AKS) offers so many easy ways to donate. From donation drop boxes to a free donation pickup service, giving to a good cause has never been more convenient. Plus, by donating used items that you no longer want instead of throwing them in the trash, you’re keeping them out of landfills and helping the environment.
AKS is committed to sustainable donating practices by collecting durable items that you might otherwise have put in the junk pile. Clothes, books, toys, small appliances, and electronics can be reused and given a second home. As a green charity, we encourage residents of Lawrenceville, GA, to donate used items because:
- The average American throws away about four and a half pounds of garbage each day.
- The United States produces approximately half of the world’s total trash.
- Fifteen percent of “garbage” is made up of reusable, durable items.
- Certain clothing materials can take up to 50 years to decompose in a landfill.
- Metals and plastics used to make appliances can take hundreds of years to decompose in a landfill.
In addition to keeping landfills clear by donating your used items, you’re helping kidney disease patients who are struggling to meet their daily living expenses. AKS has partnered with the American Kidney Fund to help provide patient grants to people who need assistance with dialysis costs, insurance premiums, and other treatment-related expenses. AKF also offers free health screenings, a toll-free help line for kidney disease sufferers, and informational health brochures to increase awareness about this illness.
To donate in Lawrenceville, GA, simply call 770-609-2200 or fill out our online form to put your name on our regular donation pick up list or click here to find a donation location near you.