Donations to Charity Can Be Picked Up in Atlanta, Dunwoody, Marietta, Smyrna, & Surrounding Areas
Your donations to a charity in Atlanta can help provide direct financial assistance to patients suffering from kidney disease across the nation. American Kidney Services (AKS), in conjunction with the American Kidney Fund, is a locally operated charitable organization that has been improving the quality of life for dialysis and transplant patients since 2004. With your generosity of donations to charity, it’s possible to lighten their economic burden through funds generated from the sale of goods.
AKS stands out from other Atlanta area charitable organizations because we offer reliable donation pick up service. Simply call 770-609-2200 or fill out our online form to add your name to our rotational donation pick up schedule, which operates Monday through Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to dark. Follow the procedure below for a convenient donation pick up:
- You will receive a reminder call the night before your scheduled pick up.
- Bag or box all of the clothing or household items that you would like to donate.
- Clearly label each bag or box with “AKS.”
- We prefer that you place your donated goods as close as possible to your mailbox so that they are visible from the road.
- Please do not put donations inside your house or in wet areas.
- Donations to charity placed in an open garage or car-port are acceptable.
- Drivers will not enter a house to pick up a donation, nor are they permitted to pick up any non-labeled donations.
You can also give donations to our charity by making a donation drop off in Atlanta, Johns Creek, Decatur, or surrounding areas by bringing your tax-deductible* donations to any of our donation drop boxes, Value Village locations, or the 24/7 AKS storefront donation center in Atlanta.
AKS makes sure that donating is an easy, stress-free process for you. We gladly welcome men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing, wedding dresses, prom dresses, silverware, glassware, dishes, small kitchen appliances, electrical items, books, and many other types of donations.
*To the fullest extent allowed by the law