We Accept Donations of Used Clothing and Household Items from Residents of Atlanta, Vinings, Tucker & Surrounding Areas
At American Kidney Services (AKS), we accept donations that go directly to Atlanta area thrift stores for resale so that those who are less fortunate can have access to durable, reusable good at affordable prices. The proceeds generated from these donations go to the American Kidney Fund (AKF), which helps subsidize living costs and treatment-related expenses for patients suffering from chronic kidney disease.
We accept donations of all kinds so that everyone, no matter their resources, can donate for free. Look through your garage, basement, closet, attic, and cabinets for used men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing, in addition to household items. We gladly welcome:
- Small appliances such as blenders, food processors, can openers, coffee makers, electric mixers
- Decorative items such as picture frames, art work, home accents, candles, textiles, seasonal items
- Electronics such as televisions, DVD players, CD players, radios, VCRs, game consoles
- Small furniture such as lamps, end tables, chairs, stools, footrests, cribs, changing tables
- Cookware and tableware such as pots, pans, baking dishes, serving dishes, utensils, flatware
- Books, including paperbacks, hardbacks, reference books, text books,
- And much more
Donating household items or clothes to our charity is easy. Simply bring your tax-deductible donations* to one of our many 24/7 drop boxes, our donation center in Atlanta, Value Village locations, or request a complimentary donation pickup. By calling 770-609-2200 or filling out our online form, we will add your contact information to our regular donation free pickup list and keep you informed of our rotational pick up schedule. Remember, whether you live in Atlanta, Vinings, Tucker, Woodstock, or any of the surrounding communities, helping those in need is within reach when you know who to donate to.
*To the fullest extent allowed by law