An Atlanta Charity Needs Your Donations of Used Clothing and Household Goods
American Kidney Services (AKS) is an Atlanta area charity that needs your donations of used clothing and household goods to help patients suffering from kidney disease who are struggling to meet their financial obligations. Whether they are unable to afford transportation to dialysis centers, or they can’t meet their insurance premiums, AKS works with the American Kidney Fund (AKF) and generous donors like you to provide them with financial assistance grants.
AKS accepts a wide variety of donations, including professional clothes, casual clothes, formalwear, shoes, electronics, books, linens, small appliances, seasonal items, flatware, glassware, cooking utensils, toys, and much more. The proceeds generated from your contributions will go directly to AKF and its efforts to help many of the 26 million Americans who are currently suffering from this illness. And when you spread the word about AKS, our mission, and how easy it is to donate through our charity program, you’re also helping to raise awareness about chronic kidney disease and its presence throughout our nation.
No matter what items you decided to contribute, you’re helping our charity meet the needs of sick individuals throughout Atlanta, GA. Other benefits include:
- Your donations assist in sustaining kidney disease awareness and education programs.
- Gathering donations can help you remove clutter from your home or office.
- Donating used items is an environmentally friendly way to reuse and recycle.
- Clear out your house for a move, a home staging, or a special event.
- Conveniently donate any items that remain unsold after a yard sale or community sale.
- All donations to AKS are tax deductible*.
To learn more about AKS and the needs of our charity, call 770-609-2200. You can also sign up online to be added to our regular donation pickup schedule, or you can drop off your donations at our storefront donation center in Atlanta, any of our trademark aqua donation drop boxes (click here to find a drop box near you), or any Value Village thrift department store.
*To the fullest extent allowed by law