Donate Shoes in Atlanta and Help Kidney Disease Patients Throughout the Nation
American Kidney Services (AKS), an Atlanta-based charity, encourages you to donate shoes, clothes, and accessories to our organization because these always-in-demand items can go a long way in generating proceeds to help fight the battle against kidney disease. With the help of the American Kidney Fund (AKF), donors just like you can play a part in supporting health education programs, disease prevention efforts, free health screenings, and financial assistance programs for dialysis and transplant patients.
Whether you want to donate dress shoes that no longer fit your children, sneakers that haven’t been worn in over a year, high heels that are out of style, or snow boots that you no longer use, AKS welcomes any and all varieties of shoes. Below are just a few examples of the other charity gift items we gladly accept:
- Men’s, women’s, and kids’, clothes – dress clothes, casual clothes, coats, athletic apparel, suits, dresses
- Small furniture – end tables, lamps, chairs, coffee tables, TV stands, organizational units
- Small appliances – blenders, electric mixers, coffee makers, vacuums, irons
- Electronics – DVD players, CD players, radios, TVs, video game consoles
- Decorative items – rugs, picture frames, paintings, accent items, throw pillows
- Cookware – pots, pans, utensils, serving dishes, baking dishes
- Tableware – flatware, glasses, dishes
- Books – paperbacks, hardbacks, reference books, textbooks, cookbooks
- Antiques –china, collectibles, art, vintage items, pottery, figurines, jewelry
- And much more
Donating is easy and convenient. Simply gather your used clothing and household items, then call 770-609-2200 or fill out our online form to add your name to our donation free pickup list and we’ll contact you the next time we’re scheduling donation pick ups in your neighborhood. You can also drop off donations at any of our donation drop boxes, at the 24/7 AKS donation center in Atlanta, or a Value Village location near you.