Make a Donation in Dunwoody – Donate Used Clothes and Household Items to AKS
When you make a donation in Dunwoody, you’re helping American Kidney Services (AKS) make a difference in the lives of patients suffering from kidney disease. We gladly welcome used clothing and household items that you no longer use or want because we believe that donating is not just an act of generosity – it’s also a way to reduce your carbon footprint by reusing items and minimizing waste.
Instead of throwing those appliances that you don’t use anymore in the trash, or discarding the clothes your children have outgrown, why not be philanthropic and environmentally conscious? Your donation to our charity can keep Dunwoody a greener place to live, and you can help change the following statistics:
- Some clothing can take up to 50 years to decompose in a landfill.
- Metal and plastic appliances can take hundreds of years to decompose in a landfill.
- The average person throws away more than four pounds of trash each day.
- This country produces approximately half of the world’s total garbage.
- Fifteen percent of this “trash” is made up of reusable items.
Residents of Marietta, Roswell, Woodstock, and Dunwoody can make a donation to AKS by adding your name to our regular donation free pickup list, or making a donation drop off at any of our conveniently located donation locations. To request a free pick up, simply call AKS at 770-609-2200 or fill out our online form. To make a drop off, bring your contributions to the 24/7 AKS donation center in Atlanta, donation drop boxes, or Value Village locations.