Atlanta Charity American Kidney Services Helps in the Fight Against Kidney Disease
We all want to do some good, but sometimes it can be difficult to find the right organization to trust when you’re ready to make a donation. If you’re looking for a worthy Atlanta charity to support, look no further than American Kidney Services (AKS). We welcome donations of clothing and household items from area residents to further our mission of helping organizations that fight kidney disease, including the American Kidney Fund. The proceeds these donations go toward funding invaluable programs that provide financial assistance and other community services to some of the approximately 31 million individuals nationwide who are affected by this life-threatening illness.
Making Donating Easier Than Ever Before
As a local charity based in Atlanta, AKS knows that not everyone has the time or means to travel out of their way to donate. That’s why we are proud to offer several convenient methods of donating, methods that allow you to donate in whatever way is easiest for you. You can give us your items by using any of the following options:
- Complimentary home pickup service – Our contactless donation pickup service allows you to give to a good cause right from your own home or workplace. To get started, all you need to do is call our office at 866-766-1957 or use our online form to join our pickup list and schedule one of our uniformed drivers to collect your goods during our regular rotational route.
- Atlanta storefront location – Our Atlanta storefront is ready to accept your items whenever it works for you—drop off items here 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Drop box – Leave your donation at any of the hundreds of donation drop boxes we’ve placed around the area, all of which can be accessed all day, every day.
- Value Village thrift department stores – All of their locations accept donations on our behalf during their normal business hours.
No matter which donation method you choose, your gift is a tax-deductible donation that you can receive a receipt for in order to take advantage of tax benefits.
Items We Accept
Our Atlanta charity accepts a wide range of donated goods, including:
We are happy to accept clothing items that include:
- Men’s and women’s clothing
- Children’s clothing
- Shoes and accessories
- Formalwear and workwear
- Jackets and outerwear
In addition to clothing, our Atlanta charity also accepts a variety of common household items like:
- Glassware and silverware
- Small appliances
- Non-upholstered furniture
- Household electronics
- Artwork and home décor
Giving for Good
Ready to clear out the extra clutter at your home and support a good cause while you’re at it? If so, it’s time to get started with a little help from American Kidney Services. To learn more about our Atlanta charity, the benefits of donating, and how your donations can truly make a difference in the lives of kidney disease patients, please contact AKS today.
Feel free to give us a call at 866-766-1957 to learn more about our free donation services near you in the Atlanta, GA, area, or create an account and schedule your pickup online.