If You’re Looking for a Charity in the Atlanta Area, Make American Kidney Services Your Choice
Whether you decide to give to a charity in Atlanta, Johns Creek, Stone Mountain, Decatur, or Canton, make sure that it’s a philanthropic organization you trust. American Kidney Services (AKS) wants you to know exactly where your generosity is going.
Since 1981, our Atlanta area charity has sought to lighten the financial burden of patients suffering from kidney disease. For nearly three decades, we have devoted ourselves to collecting used clothing and household articles as donations from generous Atlanta residents in order to generate proceeds that benefit and fund the battle against kidney disease. Since 2004, we are proud to have donated all net proceeds to the American Kidney Fund (AKF).
Why AKF? Below are just a few reasons why we feel AKF is the best charity resource to win the fight against kidney disease.
- AKF is a charity that believes in direct financial aid for sufferers of kidney disease. After a patient evaluation, AKF can pay for various bills such as rent, car payments, and power bills, which leaves patients the funds they need to pay for treatment and dialysis.
- In 2014, AKF raised over $211 million for treatment-related financial assistance.
- In 2014, 97 cents of every dollar raised went directly to charity programs and services focused on direct monetary support, education, and prevention of kidney disease.
- In 2014, Charity Navigator, the nation’s premiere charity groups evaluator, awarded the American Kidney Fund its “highest, 4-star” evaluation for sound fiscal management.
- Consumer Digest rates the American Kidney Fund as one of the Top Three Charities.
- Consumer Reports rates the American Kidney Fund as one of the Top Two Health Charities.
Through AKF, American Kidney Services is the charity that can translate your unwanted household goods and clothing donations into the invaluable help that kidney disease sufferers need. Contact us today to request a free, easy donation pick up, or simply drop off donations at one of our 24/7 donation centers in Atlanta, Duluth, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and surrounding areas.