Reasons to Support an Atlanta Charity
If you’re considering supporting an Atlanta charity but haven’t decided if you can afford to fit monetary donations into your budget, here are some things to consider:
- It doesn’t have to cost money – You could donate money, but there are other ways to support an Atlanta charity, like by volunteering your time at a charity’s events or your skills to their projects, or by helping out with daily operations. Some charities – like American Kidney Services – even accept donations of clothes, furniture, and household items, which we use to raise money for their cause.
- You’ll feel good about yourself – Simply put, supporting an Atlanta charity in any way will make you feel good about yourself and your purpose in the world.
- You pay less in taxes – Getting some of your tax money back is always a nice bonus. Just make sure to donate to a charity that will qualify you for a tax deduction, such as a certified 501(c)3 charitable organization, if you want to claim your donation on your income taxes.
- It improves your immediate community – If you live or work in the Atlanta area, your support to an Atlanta charity will benefit the people around you who you are connected to, directly or indirectly.
- It gives you the perfect opportunity to learn about an issue – Whether you donate money, time, your skills, or old clothes, you’ll likely be inclined to learn more about what the Atlanta charity you’re supporting does. Act on this impulse and take the opportunity to learn everything you can about the charity and the cause it supports. You’ll not only feel good about yourself for having helped others, but you’ll also be better informed about an issue, and that’s priceless.
If you’d like to make a donation of clothing, furniture, or household goods to American Kidney Services, you can do so at a nearby Value Village, by taking your items to any of our hundreds of drop boxes, or even by having us collect your donations from your home – simply call us or fill out the online form to be added to our rotational pick-up list. For more information on how our Atlanta charity helps kidney disease patients in the southeastern United States and beyond, contact us today.