Green Charity Donations in Atlanta, Woodstock, Sandy Springs, Vinings & Beyond
American Kidney Services (AKS) is a green charity in the Atlanta area whose mission is to help kidney disease patients cope with the financial costs of their illness. The wonderful thing about a green charity is that you’re not only helping the earth when you donate to AKS, but you’re also helping kidney disease patients in need. How? By donating your used clothing and household items you’re helping AKS generate proceeds that go directly to the American Kidney Fund (AKF), a charitable organization that provides patient grants for daily living expenses, treatment-related costs, medications, insurance premiums, and much more. At the same time, you’re reusing and recycling those items instead of throwing them away, which reduces your waste output and keeps landfills clear.
Our green charity encourages residents of Atlanta, Woodstock, Sandy Springs, Vinings, and surrounding areas to donate items to our green charity because:
- The average American throws away about four and a half pounds of garbage each day.
- The United States produces approximately half of the world’s total trash.
- Fifteen percent of this “garbage” is made up of reusable, durable items.
- Certain clothing materials can take up to 50 years to decompose in a landfill.
- Metals and plastics used to make appliances can take hundreds of years to decompose in a landfill.
Now that you know who to donate to, it’s easy to contribute to our green charity. Simply call AKS at 770-609-2200 or fill out our online form so that we can contact you the next time we’re scheduling donation pickups in your area. You can also donate by bringing your donations to the AKS storefront donation center in Atlanta, to any of our donation drop boxes, or to any Value Village location. For more information about the AKS and AKF charitable organizations, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.