Know How to Donate to a Worthy Local Charity – Residents of Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, Dunwoody, Marietta & Beyond Can Make a Difference
While many generous residents in the Atlanta area have used clothing and household items that they would like to donate, it can be hard to know how to donate and where to donate. American Kidney Services (AKS) is a local charity that strives to make it as convenient as possible for you to help those in need. We offer a variety of easy ways that you can join us in the battle against kidney disease.
Simply gather your donations of men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, small appliances, electronics, kitchenware, books, toys, and decorative items, and give to AKS by:
- Calling 770-609-2200 and asking to be put on our regular donation free pickup list. Whenever you have a donation, we’ll schedule a complimentary pick up on a rotational schedule.
- Going online and filling out our online form to be added to our free pickup list. Our professional, reliable drivers can make a donation pick up Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to dark.
- Requesting an expedited pick up for donations that need to be picked up in one week or less, or scheduling a special Saturday collection for the unsold items at garage sales and community sales.
- Making a donation drop off at any of our donation centers, which include our donation drop boxes and our storefront location in Atlanta (attended from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sundays). Donations can be made at these locations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Bringing your donations to Value Village locations in Atlanta (Metropolitan Pkwy., Moreland Ave., and Old Jonesboro Rd.), Conyers, Decatur, Douglasville, Marietta, Roswell, Riverdale, Stockbridge, Sugar Hill, and Tucker.
Now that you know how to donate and where to donate, don’t hesitate in helping American Kidney Services, in conjunction with the American Kidney Fund, provide much-needed support to patients across the nation. Spread the word and tell others how to donate.